Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Continuing to fill up the trout box with some different ties to try this spring.

A little take on a great Atlantic pattern, tied on a sz. 8 TMC 200R. Slowly working my way down in hook sizes for this in hand tying that has taken me over lately!!

Thanks for looking gents',

-Bill

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,735 Posts
My Kind a trout fly

Bet you the more that gets chomped the better it looks..........

Will be copying that for sure Bill, Half a box of Sparrows half a box of those call it good to go

Bet you colour combos are limitless

·
Administrator
19,128 Posts
That is a very nice tie Bill !!
I know you tied it for trout , but I wouldn't hesitate to tie it on for finicky salar either ... or steelhead for that matter .
I'd say you have mastered the in-hand tying Bill .
To tie that small and neat .... :smokin:

Mike

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Geez that is on juicy little fly...really good thread work in hand, Bill. I'm looking forward to more flies from you. I can see this one as a comeback pattern to that fish that broke the surface chasing after 4 surface flies but just won't commit. A deal closer.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Great looking pattern Bill! :smokin: I have some of those 200R hooks in size 4 and will be copying your fly for early season steelhead.

G

·
little

This is great that you enjoy tying that way. Your work looks really good, and I would think better in the near future. Now you just add water to the work and enjoy.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Bill that is a killer pattern. You are skimming close to my favorite passion for trout, soft hackles!

Not sure why people don't use soft hackles that much for trout fishing but I do about 90% of the time. You can fish a SH on top, just under the water and down at the bottom with great success.

Plus they look so elegant and graceful in and out of the water.

Thanks for sharing Bill.

KC

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, thanks gent's! It's still such a humbling experience to have the masters of the this forum give such kind comments on my ties.

Big thanks to Mike, Adrian, and Tim for the encouragement, and inspiration in all your ties!!

Wayne- I'm guessing this would look great on a wee little double, see what you can do, brother!

KC- I've got so many soft-hackle, north-country spider kind of flies tied up, my great-great-grand children won't even have to think of tying any! Easily, the most effective trout fly I've ever fished!!

Thanks again,

-Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts