Spey Pages banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
chrome-magnon man
5,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to Forum moderator FrenchCreek for organizing our first Speypages Bow River Spey Clinic! Despite the interesting weather (sun, wind, rain, thunderstorms, then back to sun again--typical Calgary weather!) we managed to make a few casts and have a lot of fun in the process. I want to thank everyone who attended--I had a great time and hope to be invited back!

·
Registered
227 Posts
T'was a great thing!

And.... Everyone had a great time, learned a lot, improved a lot, hada few brown pops after the clinic and shared stories about steelhead hanunts & folklore.
All the folks who tried out the new LOOP QUATRO lines were very impressed with the ease of casting this lines provides. I for one am totally SOLD on this line, for a novice like me, it took a difficult cats and made it effortless! :smokin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Loop Quattro

Pete

I would have to agree with you on the Loop Quattro. I had a chance to play with it at the Kamloops clinic last weekend and it is a really nice line.

I tried the 9/10 on both the Loop Black 9140 and the Green 9140 and it worked really well on both, I felt like I could actually spey cast :hihi:

I have a 9/10 on order.

As an aside, at Kamloops I had an 8/9 XLT on my 9140 Green that I could not make work very well at all and didn't think was a good combination. I gave it to Dana to see what he thought. He proceeded to work almost the whole line out, commenting how much power the Green 9140 had. :rolleyes:

So I guess it is an operator problem and not the equipment.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.