Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Speysayer
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At this point this probably seems like a ridiculous question, but does anyone have any idea where I might score a MK IV, 4"? I have been searching really hard for this reel and seem to be coming up a day late and a dollar short. I have a lead on one in the UK, but with the exchange rate it might prove to be just too much.

·
Speysayer
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info; I will get in touch with Rick. I might just give up on the MK IV and search out a perfect.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I own both a Bougle MK IV 4" and Perfect (both 4" and 3 & 3/4"). With the increasing demand of the MK IV I think it's approaching some Perfects.

Personally I like the Perfect more from a sound perspective (more deep throaty vs. tinny). However, the Bougle is much lighter and more suitable to lighter rods.

Keep in mind the Bougle 4" is not equivalent to a 4" Perfect...it's closer to a 3 & 3/4" Perfect.

I would think you could find a post-wawr 3 3/4" Perfect for the same or lower cost than a mint Bougle...

Good luck in your search.

·
Speysayer
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WRX Canoe,
Thanks for the information! I am leaning toward a perfect; it is good to know about the size difference. I located a 3 3/4" but I thought it might be too small. It looks like that size might go real well with MKS 13'6" w7/8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts