Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, My freids and I seeks for wery wery GOOD Gore-Tex Bootfoot Waders, The had Simms Guide Gore-Tex Bootfoot util this season (they had dem fore 6 seasons), but now they are finish, no holes but they are´t soo fresh any moore. Now this summer in august the bought Simms Gore-Tex Bootfoot, one of my freids hade his Waders punktured on 6 different spotts after 6days of fishing, my other freid had also problems whit thees waders...Simms or mayby it was the agent here i Sweden toold my freids that the had fished to musch whit the waders, but come on 6 days... So now they don´t now wat to do, they don´t want to have stoockingfoot waders whit seperate wadig boots... But can you Buy stoockingfoot waders fore example Simms Classic Guide and then take good qualati Rubber Boots and then take glue and glue the rubber boots and the neoprensocks on the waders ant put them together?

·
loco alto!
2,979 Posts
Discounted / discontinued Simms bootfoot goretex Guide waders are available at Sierra Trading Post via the internet

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don´t get it, is thes waders Custom made? Is it NEW waders? Is it Boath Women and Men´s Guide Waders or is it same?

·
loco alto!
2,979 Posts
Simms changed their bootfoot waders in 2002. These are the old design, with a great insulated boot and the beefier 5-layer Guide construction. Sierra Trading Post is selling them new in the box.

I'm sure if you email them directly, they can answer questions that you might have.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Hi Jacob,

I don't know if you can wait but Simms is currently working on an extreme G3 boot foot wader. I am not sure when they are due out but I will try and check for you.

Greg

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Jacob,

My experience is similar to yours. Some Simms boots last a very long time; some show multiple puntures in the first few [five] days. Simms is good at replacing the "few day" problems.

Last week I purchased Orvis Tailwater XT GoreTex waders with integral LACE-UP boots.

The integral lace-up boot in breathable waders is a terrific concept. I'll be testing them soon.

Bob

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GPearson

O Nice, I have the G3 waders i stoockingfoot and they are great! Yes can you check for me when they are out fore sale, email me at [email protected] Thanks! /Jacob

Bob Pauli: The New 2003 Gore-Tex Bootfoot waders from Simms have a wors wader than the Lightweigt Waders... It wors Gore-Tex, it Bad gore-tex :razz:

·
EAT IT!!!
338 Posts
FYI Chota also makes a lace up boot foot, though I haven't heard a lot of feedback about how well they hold up.
G-3 bootfoots??!!!! I guess I need to start saving my dinero, they ain't gonna be cheap but they should last me a while. Yesterday I fished the Madison in my stocking foots and let's just say my feet weren't sweltering. They ankle support is necessary though for the Madison, were I fish most of the time, but for my steely jaunts to the west and my fall fishing on easier wading streams, bootfoot G-3s sound like the ticket. I am murder on waders, Simms are the only thing I don't break in a few days on the river. So Greg, thanks for the good news. If Simms would only make the Exstreams again, our problems would be solved:rolleyes:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great

If Simms gonna have Hunter rubberboots from Scotland thaht they had on the Guide Bootfoot moddel i tink they gonna be great! I LOVE BOOTFOOT WADERS! :smokin:

·
Registered
545 Posts
Sorry Jacob to get your hopes up. The Extream G3 boot foots will not be out until next winter. They should be super cool featuring a removable liner like the old Neo exstream's but with the G3 upper. I have been bugging Simms for years now to make a wader like this so I am a little impatient.

Greg

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok

I thought you said that, its just wait and se then! But i don´t understand "They should be super cool featuring a removable liner like the old Neo exstream's", remember im swedish hehe :rolleyes: ;) ive seen the Extrem Bootfoot waders on a picture

·
loco alto!
2,979 Posts
Jacob - I'm going to sound like a broken record, but it does seem that the solution to your problem is waiting for you at Sierra Trading Post. Simms Guide Classic Bootfoot waders, with Hunter boots, the same ones that lasted you 6 years, and they're on sale! I understand if you are reluctant to purchase from this company for the first time, especially since it will be an overseas transaction. However, I have had nothing but great experience with this company for 8 years running.

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sierra Trading Post

Jacob,

Like Steve, I've done several transactions with them in the past (killer deals on Redington reels) and all went without a hitch.

Fred

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

loco_alto and Fred, i understad, I will send dem an mail and ask if they have the waders i my size, den im cheking what the vat´s and shipping prices are...Ive bought my G3 Waders i August so im little short of money, the G3 waders works but i lika bootfoot so much, and this spring im goning to buy a Loop Greyline 15foter, a Evotec HD 9-13 + lines and then the new Professional Sympatex SHORT wadingjacket, ok ive got very fair prices on the Loop products but it still costs money.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Size

at scierra tradig post they don´t have any Large och MediumKing whit size 11 boots... Thats what i was looking fore, but mayby som other size will fit me...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wadingboots

In my wadingboots for my stoockingfoot waders i have size 11, but i don´t now if it is in the Bootfoot boot different size´es? I mean in a wading boot you have a neoprene foot.... :rolleyes: i Have, in European shoes size 43-44. The Simms Medium Guide Stoockingfoot waders sitts nice on me but they are a little to "small" in chest high, but i can were them, it absolutly no problem, The MediumKing is better... But i have Large in my G3´s and them are little to big. But i is still gorwing, im only 15. :( :) help me!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Simms waders from Sierra

If you do get the bootfoots from Sierra, be aware of the following 2 things...

1. The boots are not Hunter's brand. They are a more generic boot, but still adequate.
2. The waders run shorter than the stockingfoots. I wear a medium Simms stockingfoot but wish I had ordered a medium long or large bootfoot.

Other than that, they're fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts