Spey Pages banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tied up this bonne bouche variation for steelhead. less stuff in the wing and a nice fuzzy head for fishing.

It had hooked a steelhead and I got a couple cutthroat on it, but today it scored!

·
Undertaker
1,382 Posts
I like it

Not only did you post a great photo of the fly, but proved its worth by showing it hung in the maw of a nice steelhead. Good on ya mate.

·
seaterspey
2,198 Posts
Those are both beauties! I've been waiting for the invite but must of got lost in the mail.:chuckle:

Nice fly and fish!!

KC

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Winter Steelhead fishing is always 'late' on the upper Rogue.

Well now I won't be able to sleep tonight! Hopefully that run is so welcoming to me tomorrow! Great post!
That clock is now ticking into 'score hour!' From here into April is when you want to be on the river. The big 'sigh' is from then till the Spring Kings start to show in late June. Or you get in the car, burn some Petrol and head to the Coast.

fae

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Who says that when you're tying the full dressed fancies that you can't have your cake and eat it too? Superb tying Matt

gotz

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
thanks dudes, actually catching fish on the flies makes the game way more fun.
To paraphrase your quote from me: Seeing posts like this also makes the game more fun.

A terrific steelhead Bonne Bouche variant. A terrific end to the flee's journey. A terrific post from a stellar tyer and apparently, good angler.

3 mates and I were chatting on a nice coastal riverbank yesterday....you and your flies came up in the convo....it's about inspiration and fellowship in this endurance game of steelheading.

Cheers and nice to see you Mr. Gotz,
Adrian

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Beautiful fly Matt! Did you get that beauty on the dry line?? I recall you mentioning about dry line swining.

I was swinging with Adrian and a couple other friends yesterday and the low water conditions were perfect for dry lining.

Todd

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beautiful fly Matt! Did you get that beauty on the dry line?? I recall you mentioning about dry line swining.

I was swinging with Adrian and a couple other friends yesterday and the low water conditions were perfect for dry lining.

Todd
This fish was taken on the dry line with maybe 16ft of mono leader. really getting into that style of fishing when the conditions are right. This river is nice and clear right now. I hope you guys had fun at the coast!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts