Spey Pages banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone going to the Bonaventure River this fall? The June fishing was not so good, but fall fishing could be a different story. The cooler water and early nights are a great calling card.

Doug

·
Registered
347 Posts
Not unless there's evidence that there's a whole lot more MSW fish in the river. I think pretty much all of the Gaspe (and NB and Nfld and ...) rivers have suffered from low returns this year (maybe the Cascapedia was hit a little less hard?).

Is anyone going to the Bonaventure River this fall? The June fishing was not so good, but fall fishing could be a different story. The cooler water and early nights are a great calling card.

Doug

·
Registered
685 Posts
As mentioned, the runs are really down. I fished it in June, and by June 21, only about 22 salmon reported landed.
I, and a friend are leaving in the morning to fish the Nouvelle River for sea trout. My friend has a one day permit left on the Bonnie, so he may go to use it up as it is not too far from where we will be.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I fished the Bonnie and the Petit last week. We caught fish despite very low water and a very low run. Rain started the day we departed (Thursday) and they were hoping for more this week but it will take quite a bit to make a meaningful difference. Water temperature was good. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts