Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale is a late 70’s to early 80’s Bogdan reel number 1. The reel is in very good condition for a 40 year old fishing reel. This reel is not a shelf queen but a fishing machine! It has moderate rim rash and two small dents on the handle side rim. It is mechanically excellent. I have landed many steelhead with this reel and am selling it to fund a recent purchase. I have owned several Bogdan’s and of all that I have owned this reel has the sweetest tone when the drag begins to purr! The reel is 3 3/4 inch and 1 3/16th spool width and weighs 13 oz. It balances beautifully with a 12 to 13 foot rod. It has a 2 to 1 ratio, picks up line quickly and has handled BC steel to 20#. At the lowest drag setting it is very soft and I fish it directly to the reel. Fish never feel it when they begin to pull line. Once the battle begins the drag can be advanced to slow down any fish. At most I might advance the drag half way. It has the capacity to hold a 570gr compact skagit head plus running line/backing. I am asking $1900 plus shipping. More pics available if needed.

Mitch

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts