Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Favorite!

My compliments....I really love the style and color combination. I would fish that just about anywhere for steelhead and salmon. Nice job on the details in the finishing wraps...:)

·
Premium Member
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the compliment. You know, I have been silently looking at all of the truly skilled tying that goes on here each night for a year now, and only now, with an upcoming trip, decided to share something. I am totally blown away with the ties by Soren Rafn, absolute perfection for proportion and skill. I must confess that I believe I am almost more addicted to tying than fishing, which might not be the worse thing in the world! Again, thanks.

·
Released to spawn
4,348 Posts
Certainly should be a catcher!

Mike

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
fish catcher for sure. but as far as it being a spey fly deft is not. its a marabou fly with a fishy rabbit tail.it.has nothing to do with a spey fly

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
That fly has Bulkley written all over it. For movement there is nothing better than marabou and rabbit. I really like the shape you have created. As for the spey thing, no big deal, it is a very common mistake. For some if its not an Intruder it must be a spey. Keep up the good work and lets see some more flies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts