Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Forever Learning
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends,

To tell the truth, being on recovery means having a lot of time to spend in something nice to do, i am enjoying the drawing and painting.

After i completed the salmon fly posted a few days ago i started to draw some individual parts, a feather, a strand of peacock sword, some blue-jay feather, etc. Just to learn the shapes and how to color them.

Yesterday after my breakfast i was thinking on a new fly to draw, i wanted to do something including blue-jay, i never saw one of these feathers for real but i like how they look in the pictures i've seen over the net; so decided to do a blue.jay wing. Now that the wing was decided, what else should follow? Some red horn and red veil (maybe firebird or parrot), that sounds cool, and with that it should also have JC cheeks pointing down.... a classic GP crest tail with white ostrich butt. Decided to use a sick looking hook dressed to the front, kind of low water style. Ok, let's add a really slim abdomen, just some very tight tinsel and a body of royal blue seal fur (thats another thing i haven't seen so far). Then i reminded that i'vr got some pink flamingo feathers waiting for a job, so made the body hackle based on them and added a nice teal collar for the final touch.

Well, here it is, i hope you like it :)

Anyone up for tying it? :smokin:

Cheers
Rob

·
Forever Learning
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, friends :)

I'm a bit undecided about the next one.... i'm between drawing a Lady Amherst winged akroyd, a black ghost or a conehead streamer of my creation (i posted a picture of it on the previous drawing thread).

·
Forever Learning
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Mike :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts