Spey Pages banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out last weekend and the waters were starting to rise but not by much. Again Wednesday evening up river the water still rising but not bad but was colouring up. Went for a drive this morning in the hopes of fishing a spot I hadn't been on in years. The whole area is blown out. The grand is up several feet and the water is more like chocolate milk. It will be a few days before it's down again if the rain backs off. The good thing about it is that the high water should bring in some fresh fish.

Here's hoping.

Dan

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Similar story here. I was going to go for an early run to chase some trout for a couple of hours this morning and a stream that usually flows at 350 cfs was charging full speed ahead at about 3000 cfs due to an overnight rain storm.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Always feast or famine here southern Ontario. All fall been waiting for a bump in the levels, and now this. I don’t have the luxury of picking my days, and was hoping to venture out Sunday. Gonna watch the charts today, and perhaps head out Huron way if things start clearing. But yes, at least some fresh fish will finally make their way. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hit the "geen" on Monday.
water was beautiful.
Swung like a rock star.
not a single tug.
one more trip like this and all my gear will be listed for sale on this site!!!
(kidding)
Tight lines folks
>))))))))'>

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Always feast or famine here southern Ontario.
well turn your charts upside down and we'd have plenty in common, mate.

cheers,
shawn

disclaimer: thankfully w.a. has had one of its best years for rain. the eastern states? not so much.

·
Registered
465 Posts
my favorite local steelhead river hasn't been at fishable levels in at least the last 3 months . (save maybe a day or 2 ) i've worked outside my whole life and i've NEVER seen the ground so saturated with water . woke up this morning to 10" of snow on top of the soggy mess underneath . nature demands our respect and reminds us of that whenever the mood strikes her .
thanks , jim

·
Broken Down Spey Freak
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Same thing here but only about 6 inches. Drove from home to the Geen area last night and it was a slow go in the "storm". It's not good when the snow builds up and the ground isn't frozen.

Dan

·
Registered
38 Posts
I live in Saltillo, Mexico, that's in the north, near Laredo, Texas. We've had below freezing temperatures all week, and we had about 1/2 inch of snow on Monday, a little more than 1cm for my Canadian friends. Everything was closed because nobody knows how to drive in it. The kids finally went back to school yesterday, (too cold).

This global warming is really something.

Reactions: HART

·
Registered
24 Posts
I live in Saltillo, Mexico, that's in the north, near Laredo, Texas. We've had below freezing temperatures all week, and we had about 1/2 inch of snow on Monday, a little more than 1cm for my Canadian friends. Everything was closed because nobody knows how to drive in it. The kids finally went back to school yesterday, (too cold).

This global warming is really something.
There’s a difference between weather and climate and if 97% of the worlds’ scientists tell me we’re affecting the climate then I’m inclined to believe them.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
well, keep paying me to tell you the same thing every year and I'm happy for you to believe it.

I'm still having a hard time explaining that drought in 1840 but whatever.
invoice incoming.

cheers,
mr. science

I'd be more worried over the poorest nations overpopulating a planet.
but again, whatever.
the masses who educate themselves with the internet know best. just ask them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
well, keep paying me to tell you the same thing every year and I'm happy for you to believe it.

I'm still having a hard time explaining that drought in 1840 but whatever.
invoice incoming.

cheers,
mr. science

I'd be more worried over the poorest nations overpopulating a planet.
but again, whatever.
the masses who educate themselves with the internet know best. just ask them.
Ah I remember this genius. Loves to spread his anti-science views. Would love to hear where you get your facts from, Trump? I’m sure he has an environmental science degree to backup his educated opinions :chuckle:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts