Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am curious as to whether there is a consensus of opinion as to the best tippet to loop knot to use when fishing blind eyes with dacron (or similar) loop eyes.
Thanks,Ramsay

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
If you are talking about what brand, I use Maxima and Rio. The Maxima is the standard clear mono from 8-10 lbs test and the RIO is the Powerflex 1x 13 lb and both seem to work well with blind eyes tied with dacron or similar.

Vinnie

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
I simply use a standard clinch knot to attach blind eye flies to my tippet and I've never had a failure of the knot or the blind eye loop. I use clear 20lb braided mono for my blind eye loop, attach it to the hook with either Danville's Flymaster or Uni 8/0 thread, and then coat the thread wraps with head cement to lock it to the hook.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flytyer: thats nice to know. I have always been a little afraid to use a clinch as i worried about it cutting through the loop. I have been using palomars to avoid this. I wondered if there was a standard out there that I was unaware of.
Thanks Ramsay

·
a/k/a loophitech
457 Posts
i knew i mis understood your question, DOH!! Looped and not cinched for easy removal and I feel more confident with the way it swims in the water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts