Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Here's couple flies I posted lately to the blog. Tried to take a photo that would show the speystyle wing as much 3d as possible, I'm pretty happy how it turned out. You can't really see all that's going on from a flat sideview of most flies.

-Timo

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Excellent work Timo.

On that Black King, did you tie. The wings forward then pull them back and secure them? I tried that method a few weeks back and failed at it terribly. You've made me want to give it another go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Excellent work Timo.

On that Black King, did you tie. The wings forward then pull them back and secure them? I tried that method a few weeks back and failed at it terribly. You've made me want to give it another go.
On this one no. But that's like the holy grail of spey wings if you can do it :chuckle: It's really hard to do it and get it to look nice. I just tied the wings a bit more horizontal and tried to leave a tiny gap on top to separate them. Pre-tightening the wings with a piece of thread helps a lot. Once they are secured pull them apart to get them to sit like that, you have to use a bit of force so that it affects the tie-in-point too so that they will stay that way after they get wet too.

-Timo

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
Brilliant,

Thanks for the explanation Timo.

U
Thanks guys!

On this one no. But that's like the holy grail of spey wings if you can do it :chuckle: It's really hard to do it and get it to look nice. I just tied the wings a bit more horizontal and tried to leave a tiny gap on top to separate them. Pre-tightening the wings with a piece of thread helps a lot. Once they are secured pull them apart to get them to sit like that, you have to use a bit of force so that it affects the tie-in-point too so that they will stay that way after they get wet too.

-Timo

·
Pupil of the river.
403 Posts
Killer Spey!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts