Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,724 Posts
Picture Perfect

Reactions: adamess

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Nice one Ad, guess the peer pressure from the boys over at CFT finally got to you about the rock 😎🤣🤣🍻

·
Administrator
19,107 Posts
That's a beauty :love::love:
Though I prefer the P-T version, this one would do ;)
I will say this, the Black Doctor is one of my favorite Dee flies ... yes, a Dee fly she is. A misconception that all "Dee Flies" are of the "V" strip wing variety.
As Murdoch has addressed, the Black Doctor is a fall favorite when skies are gray and there is a chill in the air. A great salar fly, but she is a fine steelhead fly here in the GL's for me :)
Really nice tying!!

Mike

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Yep that’s an old Mustad and ya Mike, there are many Dee flies that people don’t think about as Dee’s. The ‘fancy Dees’ as Colin Innes calls them. Another perfect example would be the Mar Lodge and obviously the Gordon!
The Doctor is in the house
That's a beauty :love::love:
Though I prefer the P-T version, this one would do ;)
I will say this, the Black Doctor is one of my favorite Dee flies ... yes, a Dee fly she is. A misconception that all "Dee Flies" are of the "V" strip wing variety.
As Murdoch has addressed, the Black Doctor is a fall favorite when skies are gray and there is a chill in the air. A great salar fly, but she is a fine steelhead fly here in the GL's for me :)
Really nice tying!!

Mike
It's hard not to be awed by such fine tying. I love that you put it on an older down-eyed hook. Looks like a Mustad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts