Spey Pages banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently dyed up some hybrid guinea feathers UV blue. I wanted to see what they'd look like on a hook. The cheek feathers on this fly are ringneck pheasant neck feathers dyed KF blue with a drop of nail polish on them and stroked into the shape they are.

Here's the recipe for those interested:

BLACK AND BLUE

Tag: Flat silver tinse
Tail: Bleached and dyed UV blue GP tippets
Rib: Large oval silver tinsel
Body: Rear 1/3, UV blue seal; Front 2/3, black seal
Hackle: Black GP breast
Throat: UV blue teal
Wing: Four black rooster neck hackles back to back, enveloped by a pair of hybrid guinea feathers dyed UV Blue.
Topping: Black GP crest
Cheeks: Enameled RN pheasant neck feathers dyed KF blue

·
Administrator
18,144 Posts
Spectacular tying Aaron :smokin:
You know that Black & Blue is like money in the bank for winter steel , this fly screams cash :smokin::smokin:
I like the contrast between the UV Blue and the KF Blue , a great mix !!

Mike

·
Grandpa Howard
3,432 Posts
You have the blue dialed in. Really liking the fly as well.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
Nice, I like the look of using a smaller hackle feather over the larger for the wing. and that black topping, while hard to see, looks awesome!

·
Undertaker
1,326 Posts
awesome tie

You obviously have access to some unusual materials - or spend a lot of time with a dye bath. Wow. Like others have said, I have no doubt that fly would turn tricks on steelhead row.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Beautiful fly. This pattern would be a killer on the Skeena system in the fall.

Black and Blue Intruder's have worked well for those who choose to use them when I have been on the Bulkley.

As I prefer to fish greased line style I have been trying to come up with a Black and Blue fly to swing off of a dry line.

With imitation being the sincerest form of flattery I will be incorporating some of your ideas as I tie up mine.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
That is soooo money, my friend! I cant wait to be allowed to buy some more goodies from your shop...my supplies are getting to low, but my home expenses are going up...blecchh. And all I got for Christmas from family were Cabela's gift cards :roll:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

Adrian, I'm sure there's something I need from Cabelas, so maybe we should barter.......

Aaron

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
That is soooo money, my friend! I cant wait to be allowed to buy some more goodies from your shop...my supplies are getting to low, but my home expenses are going up...blecchh. And all I got for Christmas from family were Cabela's gift cards :roll:
You need to come my way so you can spend that gift card at the local big box.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts