Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just learned that Bill passed. I became interested in spey fishing when I came across one of his YouTube videos. He was a young man, late 40s. A very smart and charasmatic person and plain old good company. I learned more from his videos than an instructor

I really was looking forward to spending some time with him.

Belated Best wishes to he and his family. It really is a short trip

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Yes ,very sad news! He was riding his bicycle back up river on the Yuba to get his truck for the shuttle and never returned back to his clients. Another guide went up river to check on him and found him laying on the ground by his vehicle. What I heard at the celebration of his life was that he had a undersized heart and passed with heart complications. I miss seeing Bill on the water and sharing stories or just BS'n about fishing. He will be greatly missed on our local waters , RIP my friend!

·
Banned
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes ,very sad news! He was riding his bicycle back up river on the Yuba to get his truck for the shuttle and never returned back to his clients. Another guide went up river to check on him and found him laying on the ground by his vehicle. What I heard at the celebration of his life was that he had a undersized heart and passed with heart complications. I miss seeing Bill on the water and sharing stories or just BS'n about fishing. He will be greatly missed on our local waters , RIP my friend!
Thank you for sharing that. If you or anyone else have some stories of him, I'd enjoy hearing them. What a shame and how arbitrary it all seems at certain moments

·
Registered
76 Posts
I took a spey class from Bill a few years ago and he was a gifted natural teacher and coach full of positivity. The class was on the American River in Sacramento, CA. The wind was howling, but Bill made it a great day for everyone. He always had an add in California Fly Fishing and his mantra was "Swoop, Sweep a D, Go"

His heart may have been small by medical standards, but I think it was huge.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts