Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a brand new fly rod built by Bill Blackburn from Bozeman, MT. Bill has been building fly rods for over 20 years and built the bamboo rods for Tom Morgan Rodsmiths until he went out on his own. It says a lot about Mr. Blackburn's work if Tom Morgan was willing to put his name on Bill's work. The rod is 8' 6" for a 6wt line and was built in the convenient 3 sections with two tips. It comes in the original heavy duty metal rod tube with a brass cap and rod bag. I purchased the rod from the original owner who never cast the rod, the rod is perfect with no signs of having a reel on it and no soiling of the cork. A couple thing have changed and I am a simple fisherman and just don't have the heart to take this rod fishing, so it still has never been cast. A 3/2 Blackburn rod is currently $1800 new and you there is about a 2 year waiting list for one. You can be fishing this one now for $1295 plus $20 shipping

All of Bill's rods are hollow built - here is his website and some more information about the process and benefits -
tapers

1 - 1 of 1 Posts