Spey Pages banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, due to changes in my life, I am putting up for sale my entire steelhead and trout equipment which will include rods, reels, fly boxes, waders, vests, packs, fly lines, fly tying vices, beautiful magnetic rod holders, wading boots, inflatable fishing vest, rain jackets, etc.

I have no camera but most items can be found with pictures by google.
Folks who have purchased anything from me in the past know that I very much describe accurately the condition of any items.

In addition to the above, I will be selling all of my steelhead and trout fly tying tools and materials, but would prefer to sell to folks that live in Oregon and Washington that could come to my location as I don't want to ship such stuff. I will sell such as a package at a great price or will discuss partial sale. Same with my books that range from fly tying fly fishing and fly fishing literature.

Since there is a lot to sell, I am going to start with the rods and the reels and will do other posts for other items.

All prices are shipped to USA only. No pay pal. Postal Money order please.

RODS AND REELS:

Two Hand:

1. Brand new never used, still has plastic on cork Echo Dec Hogan II DH four piece 12'9'' 6.5 rod. Rated 450 to 540 grains Great all around rod. Comes with factory rod tube and sock. --- $265

2. SOLD G Loomis Stream Dance Metolius 13'4" three piece 5/6 although Ed Ward used this for winter fish. Very strong rod with cult like following. Very good condition. ---- $235

Single Hand:

1. SALE PENDING Another cult like rod and hard to find --- A Custom made for me by Keith Burkhart of Valley Flyfisher --- Sage 8100-3 RPL+ Ten foot eight weight three piece. This is a beautiful rod which is in very good condition. It has an ebony fighting butt, nickel silver reel seat with rare wood burl insert. The wraps are dark maroon with silver tipping. Rod has landed me many fish so some mojo here. Comes with Sage factory sock and dark metal rod tube with brass caps. ---- $260

2. SALE PENDING One of the best high end trout rods --- Scott S3 956/4 Rod is 9'6" four piece. Spigot ferrules. I grass cast the rod for an hour otherwise never fished like new. Comes with factory rod tube and sock. -----$265

Reels:

1. --SOLD --Hardy Taupo Perfect 3 7/8. Brand new wide spool model made in England. Never lined has fresh 30lb backing. Comes in the Hardy box, Hardy reel cover, directions and warranty card. ---- $425

2. TFO Model 340 brand new never lined has fresh backing. Great reel for single hand or light spey rods. Comes in factory box. ----- $155

Great Reel Buys on Used Reels:

1. SALE PENDING Here is how to have two Hardy Marquis Salmon I reels and spare spool for a really low price ---- One of the reels came from Hardy with the plastic inards of which they made a few. When I bought the reel I had it sent to Archuletas and he but in the correct metal parts. Other than the rivets now being in a slightly different location, the reel is in like new condition with only a small mark on one side of the reel. Has fresh backing.
I also bought a used Salmon I that the guy had put his name on the reel and spool. He the started to grind his name off the reel and decided to stop there. I fished the reel several times and it is in great mechanical shape. If I was to keep it I would sand the reel down and refinish it or just keep it and fish it. The extra spool is in good condition.

Both for $250

2. --SALE PENDING--I list the following as a used reel only because it has a couple of small issues:

It is a Speyco River Series Switch (you can see it on his website). The reel when brand new had an issue wherein it would slightly grab when one pulled line out slowly by hand. Previous owner tried to lightly grind the inside of the spool by the handle in an effort to fix it himself. I bought it and sent it to Tim at Speyco who replaced a bearing and now reel is like new only has the grind mark inside the spool which is not visible from the outside and reel looks exactly like the one on Tim's website when you look for the River Series Switch with Silver reel body and black spool. Reel has fresh backing but has never been lined or fished. Comes in factory box. Because to the mentioned issue I will sell for $185.

I will be posting all other items through out the day to day.

Thanks for looking,

Rphelps:)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vest

Hi Fred,

I was going to post this along with another posting with rain jackets and so on but, It is a Hodgman Inflatable Fishing Vest which has never been worn in new condition with extra cartridge. Size is large. You can google under the name as above to see pictures of it. I want $95 for it as new they run $175.00

Great vest.

Rphelps

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Off to Google we go ... again.

Hi Fred,

I was going to post this along with another posting with rain jackets and so on but, It is a Hodgman Inflatable Fishing Vest which has never been worn in new condition with extra cartridge. Size is large. You can google under the name as above to see pictures of it. I want $95 for it as new they run $175.00

Great vest.

Rphelps
Back at you shortly, but I'm more interested in the 'Horse collor' type as I rarely use a vest of any kind. "Minimal" type of fishing gear when I'm on the water (which has been a bit of time due to health) so if it won't go in a pocket it usually just stays in the Jeep.

Fred

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK Fred

Hi Fred,

OK, I also have a couple of the type you are looking for in like new or new condition for $50 each. I pay shipping. I am out of my house right now but will get back to you on the brand.

Rphelps

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Sounds like you/I and the Postal Service ....

Hi Fred,

OK, I also have a couple of the type you are looking for in like new or new condition for $50 each. I pay shipping. I am out of my house right now but will get back to you on the brand.

Rphelps

are going to become good friends. I'll take one! 'Like new' would be good.

Don't know if there's a sizing on these but I'm a tick short of 6' and at normal weight about 180 #. Don't I wish this was the case at the moment .....:(

Another PM sent as we might as well fund both buys at the same time.

Fred

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.