Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys how's it going? I haven't posted much lately because I haven't really been tying much or even have time to fish. Opening day I managed to get out until noon and did pretty good. I got this fly idea from my buddy Steve Wolcott and I'm glad I copied it to the best of my ability. The air was cold and the water was still frigid. Walked into the water and believed that fly was going to produce. I hooked 3 and landed 2 on this fly...

I then switched to a black fly with orange and copper body and a bunch of rubber silly legs on it. Don't have a pic of that fly but it just makes a big profile with a lot of movement. I hooked 2 and landed 1 on that fly. All the fish were taken on an aggressive fast swing which is the way I prefer to fish. The takes are usually very hard!!

Cheers

Craig

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
Hey there - it's going just good over here - no steelhead for hundreds of miles. Big surface flies, fast retrieves and hot-ass stripers though. What I would do for a fresh one of those right about now...

·
Dom
3,156 Posts
And thats why I don't dedicate myself on dry line! Nothing feels better that steel ripping line on fast tight swing!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I will have to tye a few more of those up to get better pics of the flies. Once I get on that I'll make sure I post them up on here.

Cheers

Craig

1 - 7 of 7 Posts