Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
ACR, Echo DHII, Danielsson, Leland, Hardy, Rio, Airflo
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contacted an ad for a tying lot everything progressed well until I asked for a Drivers License picture prior to initiating the transaction. Amazingly enough never heard from the seller again and the ads disappeared. I have already notified Kijiji

Just FYI

·
Registered
766 Posts
I recently/currently having an issue with a kijiji seller too.
I bit for a simms dry creek sling, seller was very communicative until he had my EMT transfer, with a promise to send tracking info the day after.
Been radio silence ever since running on two weeks now.
FWIW: opened a report with kijiji who will happily provide details to law enforcement should one open a report with them.
Also FYI: EMTs sent from RBC grant you 105 days to reverse the funds upon report of fraud.
Just so happened with this guy, he was also an RBC customer to cash it, and they say not only will they reverse the funds, but also freeze all his accounts !
They were able to give me the full name of the recipient, which actually matched the name on the kijiji and, so I'm just waiting to see if he ever comes clean after repeated messages.
If nothing from his end after 3 week, I'll pull the plug on him.

Usually I have really good success with kijiji in both directions. Sad that scammers aren't sticking to cell phones and video games anymore but actually targeting niche hobbyists.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually I have really good success with kijiji in both directions. Sad that scammers aren't sticking to cell phones and video games anymore but actually targeting niche hobbyists.
Same here glad he got screwed for trying to screw someone else

Reactions: Michael_D_CPA

·
Registered
Trout & Salmon - 11.3ft switch, 15ft spey, 9ft single handed rods, various 6-7wt
49 Posts
I've since taken to just asking sellers to send me a photo of the receipt from the post office with my mailing address and tracking # on it. Then I EMT while they wait in the post office.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've since taken to just asking sellers to send me a photo of the receipt from the post office with my mailing address and tracking # on it. Then I EMT while they wait in the post office.
Not a bad plan this guy thought I was born yesterday, actually was offended when I called him out until I told him to "EYET himself" and god would sort him out along the way

Reactions: Dubbzilla

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: eriefisher
1 - 8 of 8 Posts