Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yep. It's great. Been throwing a 475 elixir spey and assorted poly leaders on mine. Mostly sustained anchor casting at the moment, and single speys, working on snake rolls and whatnot, but it throws a beautiful cast. Loads up nicely, recovers quickly

·
Registered
297 Posts
Nice

It is an awesome rod and has amazing dampening. I tried with. 525 Skagit and it was beautiful. Can't go wrong with it.

DH

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Yes..I too have grown to really appreciate this rod..I have been using a number of different line set up..from 475 to the 525 tonic of course..also Elixir heads from 450 to 525,and surprisingly the 525 with 14' fast sink polytip..this line simply keeps on rolling out with amazing ease .I have also used the 460 grain Vision Scandi head and found the loops and effort to be simply tight and smooth. we will often overlook accuracy as being important but this rod sounds out everytime accurately and with amazing ease. And yes I am biased for good reason...after fishing for a long day the effort from the day is rarely felt..not a comment often heard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts