Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with the Onyx and any of the newer Meiser's rods? I'm thinking the S series would be closest to the same action.

I like the custom rod idea, but I cast the 13'7 Onyx and I have to consider it. Crazy recovery and dampening regardless how much I drove my overhand...testing the limits.

I'm fortunate in that I can make the drive to Bob's over a weekend, and mess with some rods, but the Onyx casts beautifully and at the end of the day, that matters most.

Just looking for anyone that can give a comparison before I committ to a drive down south.

Thanks
DH

·
Registered
148 Posts
Drive to Bob's and take both the classic and the S for a test drive. Than you can compare apples to apples to apples and choose a rod best for your stroke.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Meiser

Great weekend with Bob, Steve, and Nick (thread wrap and feather artist). I have never had a better experience making any purchase. Truly phenomenal guys with a PASSION for their craft.

I tried the MKS, S, and the Classic...all very nice. For me, the Classic won.

I ordered the 13'6 678. It's perfect.

DH

·
Registered
757 Posts
You won't be sorry. I agree with the service and just ordered my third rod from Bob, a trout spey. They do have passion and build great rods. My preference is the Highlander-S; all three of my rods are from that series.

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts