Spey Pages banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
PiscatorNonSolumPiscatur
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all these years I want to keep my flies dry. I love Wheatleys and others, but there's times I wanna keep em dry.
Any opinions/reviews on what's available?

·
Registered
Vision Beulah Snowbee Stonofo Root River Veniard Hareline
4,374 Posts
Problem I find

Most dry boxes are inhereintly big and bulky

I have some wetfly(ironic) and they sure keep em dry but are huge in comparison

·
Dom
3,315 Posts
C&F all the way. Not because they are waterproof but because their quality is unmatched by others. Waterproof boxes are actuality not a very practical thing. I need to keep my boxes open to dry out the contents after every trip and so I was thinking about actually venting my C&F's so that flies dry out with box closed.

If you want class then buy Wheatley :rolleyes:

·
PiscatorNonSolumPiscatur
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have always heard the C&F were great. Thanks for the comments and confirmation.
I carry one fly box in a sling pack on the side of my back and when wading deep all my fly's get wet with Wheatley or other ones I have. I do love Wheatleys and use one a lot. But I got to dry out all the time when I get home.
Am going to try one of those C&F's and perhaps put my used wet flies somewhere else.

·
Scandit sublima virtus
2,266 Posts
Flambeau, Woodstream MFS, Scientific Anglers are all budget options.
I have a CF too, that was a splurge. OK, but way overpriced. The cheap ones I mention have held up just as well

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the little grey flambeau boxes. Light, smaller than the c&f boxes, but plenty big for a days worth of flies. You may have to look a little to find the ones without the compartments.

Edit: Amazon has em for less than $15. Not sure if it's kosher to hotlink them but search "flambeau fly boxes" and they're the second result.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.