Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spey friends--

I want to purchase a jungle cock neck. I will not be using it for exhibition flies. These will be for fishing. Prices seem to vary wildly.

Where do my spey bros and sistahs procure JC at a good price, but that is not a neck with few eyes (as some I have seen on ebay.)

Very best from Civil Procedure class,

joe

·
Junkyard Spey
7,114 Posts
Joe, "at a good price" is a relative term, as I'm sure you already know. I thought my JC capes were priced very well but I am sold out for a few days. Jack Cook's Irish Angler is where I would look first.

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Joe,

Jack is a good place to look. Also, right it your neck of the woods is Fisherman's Feathers and they sell decent grade C jungle cock necks. These grade C necks have good feather count, a lot of medium to large sized feathers, but very few of the small feathers. Also, they have a lot of split feathers; but is is very easy to fix split jungle cock (as I'm sure you know). For those who don't know how to fix split jungle cock here is how to do it: just rub some flexible cement like Dave's Flexament along the back of the feather with your thumb and forefinger.

All-in-all, the fisherman's feathers jungle cock are a good buy.

·
Damn fish ladder
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well...

Some places charge $200 for a top grade neck and some charge $150.

Some charge $100 for a tying grade neck, some charge $60.

I simply do not know if some people people are selling grade 1 necks at $200 and others are selling a grade 2 neck at $150...or this is just retailers marking up more or...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts