Spey Pages banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have had time to digest the Spey Clave and ponder some on the rods I had a chance to test cast, I need to sell off the rod I current have 7136 sage (used a few time, but has blank warranty card), reel Ross canyon 6 and line, rio windcutter multi tip.

Would it be adviseable to split it up or sell as a package? Is Ebay the best site to get the most visability. I not sure what the true value would be as I got a deal on the outfit.

I truly loved hanging with the clave group, just gleening a few tips here and there.

I look forward to purchasing a new outfit and hitting the streams in NorCal. I also look forward to the next clave.

Thanks to all of you guys who have assisted the small guys out here who are silent readers.

All the best

Jerry Snyder

·
Registered
886 Posts
Try Fred.

Hi 7xjerry,
Fred usualy buys all the rods offered here, when he has too many he leaves them in carparks all over the usa.:hehe: :hehe:

Sorry I'm not much help but I'm too far away to offer real advice.

Malcolm

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Malcom! That hurt .... even if it is true. :>)

Jerry I'd put the whole lot on e bay in one add, but say you'll do rod or reel, or both. The 'both' probably at a lower price than the individual parts. This assumes someone on the board doesn't jump on the deal first.

Is the rod the 'brown' or 'green' version of the 7136-4? I've got both and very different rods. Green being the faster action of the two. I ask, as potential buyers will ask, and pony up accordingly.
fe

·
Registered
459 Posts
Malcolm,

Great comment, it does seem like that, LOL

I'm hoping Fred places us in the part of his will that allocates the spey equipment. :D:D

Hal

P.S. BTW, My local fly shop owner told me that the Sage warranty only applies to the first owner of their rods. Is that true ?

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
True, that's why the 'blank' warrenty card.

As long as the rod hasn't been "registered" on line who knows who the first owner is??

If asked by Sage (older rod, which I don't think this is) you say you got it as a "gift."
fe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Color of Rod

This would be the brown color. The rod was never registered.

Jerry Snyder

1 - 7 of 7 Posts