Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get some feedback on the best line for my 9140-4. The windcutter 8/9/10 w/tips that I have does not feel right. I've heard that it might be over lined. I'm thinking of the Midspey 8/9. I found this line "new and cheap" and also a Midspey 7/8 for the same price, but that might be too light. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Or maybe I should sell the rod?
Kim

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
confused about line rateing

Rio's site recommends the 7/8 Midspey for the 9140 but Simon, who works for Rio, recommends the 8/9 Midspey on the Spey pages. Help!
Kim

·
Junkyard Spey
7,112 Posts
Hey KimK...

Rio's site and Simon's site are the same. There are two line recommendations in most cases. The notes explain this but in short the A rating for those that like a lighter line load and the B rating for newer casters or those that like to feel the rod load more. Since you want to speed up your brownie go with the lighter choice, and since you really like the MidSpey on your 6126 I'd choose a 7/8 MidSpey for your 9140. Take care, MJC

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Kim,

If the Windcutter 8/9/10 feels like it overloads your 9140-4, the 8/9 MidSpey will too. Although I don't use my Sage 9140-4 anymore because I like a musch stiffer, faster recovering rod, it feels better with the 7/8 MidSpey than the 8/9.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts