Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am looking for opinions on DT lines for my trout rod ( old 6 wt 9ft Kilwell ) Casting style is mostly spey type.

For dry fly puritans - Yes, I have a seperate rod reel set for dry-fly fishing : )

Nick

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Hi Nick - I would think any good DT would work but I am a huge fan of Wulff TT lines - they have a long front taper so are great for in close delicate spring creek stuff and have a fine running line so shoot like crazy! You can do a switch cast with the head and short section of running line out and blast off a cast over 80 feet!!

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
speyperformanceonasinglehander

hey,peter,,with all due respect ,please,don't bust my bubble here,please,the whole two handed thing must be `PROPER',,PROPPER<<DAMN<<<<,,,it's not write,wrighet,,ah,mann,,,spey with a sinjel handre,,,gimme thet bucket:hehe:

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
well here's one for you single handers

how abou an old but unfished pfleuger,,an 8 1/2 ft,on top of that,bought it for the blank ;magnum taper,ten wt.,,ty on an 8 wt. line, some leadcore,voila;;boat rod ,works great,short,plenty of power in the buttt,plus every time i look at it ,really look at it,,well ,memories run wild,something about an old glass rod really digs the OLD times,,and they're all good ones,, out,,so there,take that for down n' dirty,,,,,keep smilin',we love ya' ,no matter what fred says:hehe:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts