Spey Pages banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some of your favorite alcohol freee drinks? There must be some of you that are going to be designated drivers over the holidays.
Speyrd AKA Leroy....................

·
Registered
203 Posts
My fav is . . .

Martenelli's Sparkling Cider - nice light crisp taste, not too sweet, and reminds me of the holidays.

Water is also a good call - it also serves to dilute whatever else is in your system. :devil: ;)

·
Skidrow Woolley Fly Club
387 Posts
I'm with gstrand on the Hank's soda. I will throw in an O'Doul's Amber on those hot summer days when soda pop is to sweet.

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Of course water is the only drink you can still enjoy after it's been sloshing around in the backpack all afternoon on a july day. Given one choice that would be it. I like Gatorade for hydration but it sure tastes bad warm.

Being of PNW influence I am big on venti iced americano / extra ice and no water with a splash of cream, in essence four shots of espresso over ice in a large cup. :D The melting ice provides just the right dilution as you drink it. Too fast or too slow and you miss the window.

In my steelheading days in the PNW I used to drink this kind of fruit nectar, can't remember the brand but it was like a natural smoothie / meal in a can. None of this thick yogurt crap or tutti fruitty kid stuff, just pure fruit 'nectar' and damn good regardless of flavor.

G

·
Ice cold water is number one. I also feel the same way about Sprecher's root beer (made just north of Milwaukee) that many of you have expressed about Henry Weinhardt's. It really is to-die for, and the diet version ain't bad either. Most of the microbreweries in Wisconsin, and there are a LOT of them, also make their own sodas, especially root beer. They are each unique and all are very good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts