Spey Pages banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was fortunate to receive some beautiful Blue Heron hooks from a fellow board member recently. They are rather large; I would guess 1/0. None of my BEP is large enough, so I'm in need of purchasing some large BEP. Anyone have any suggestions on a good source for purchasing some? I don't need a great deal, so I don't want to purchase a skin.

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
The other option would be some of Aarons (AO Feathers) burnt goose spey hackles... they are nice and long for longer flies.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
It seams like BEP feathers are sized by the length of the stem, not the length of the barbs and a lot of times even the large size packs come short for the No. 1 BHSH. Ask or look for the jumbo size. Waterswest may be another option.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Or you can look at the legal (in us) heron from CTFC. I am pretty sure McClain has a skin for sale right now or if you want small packs many shops carry it but sizes are hit or miss

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
AO Feathers

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered some of the burnt goose from Aaron.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I just got some nice Large BEP in packs the other day, along with some skins that are curing as we speak. I hope I can get enough nice BEP to bleach and dye some different colors , but we'll see. Supply is always inconsistent at best.

Aaron

·
Banned
690 Posts
I just got some nice Large BEP in packs the other day, along with some skins that are curing as we speak. I hope I can get enough nice BEP to bleach and dye some different colors , but we'll see. Supply is always inconsistent at best.

Aaron

Your turkey arrived today Aaron...thanks for the continued great service...

Cornelius

1 - 8 of 8 Posts