Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the end of last year my nephew who lives in San Diego sent me a link to an online documentary "Rivers of a Lost Coast" by Snag Films about the golden years of California Steelheading in the early 20th century.
I was so impressed I asked Santa for the real physical copy and it was on its way. A few false starts as the "request" was cancelled, but at last it's finally here and I can watch it in the comfort of my sofa on the big(ish) screen.
Pretty expensive for a DVD (something like £45 all up including shipping by international reindeer sled) but worth it I think.

http://www.snagfilms.com/films/title/rivers_of_a_lost_coast_standard_edition

Cheers,
S

·
Registered
94 Posts
S, thanks very much for the link. Excellent film. Once I started watching, I couldn't stop.

Although it's focused on man and fish in California, I think it also says a lot about man and all of nature worldwide.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries, it was exactly the feeling I had when I first saw it.
It's amazing (and sad) that such magnificent runs of steelhead could be decimated to almost none, as one speaker said "We never thought that they'd ever run out", a thought that continues and replays itself even today with steelhead and salmon (atlantic or pacific) worldwide on the brink of extinction except for very few places like Russia.

Cheers,
Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts