Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i started with a fly that has been in my head and it went totally sideways. I finally gave up and slapped a mallard roof and a GP crest and varnished head figuring i should complete it before i threw it in the trash. So i woke up this morning went to see this thing in my vise and took a razor to it thinking i could save the blue heron hook. So with a little trimming and unwinding i saved the hook from the trash and have a fishing fly. I find it funny that i saved it hope you all laugh also. enjoy
Before
nightmare.jpg

After
fixed.jpg

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
:chuckle: - enjoyed seeing what could have been...

If you have an RN skin ( and who doesn't) you could have filled in the empty space under the topping with RN Church bells dressing down to the small feathers around the neck as cheeks...

Just throwing out ideas for the next one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:chuckle: - enjoyed seeing what could have been...

If you have an RN skin ( and who doesn't) you could have filled in the empty space under the topping with RN Church bells dressing down to the small feathers around the neck as cheeks...

Just throwing out ideas for the next one.
I was going to do that haha. I just got so stuck on this fly I went blank. Never have I been more frustrated especially after building such a nice wing that I destoyed. I need to walk away from the vise instead of fighting it. Learning experience.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I could of used another pair of Greys in the space you mentioned also. But yeah next time Ill take a walk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts