Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After working with the somber coloured classic, the Black King, I wanted to make a contrastful and colourful spey inspired fly, and ended up with this one. Hope you like it ;-)

Tight lines ;-)
Søren

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
yes they are. you are cranking them out. Since you are improving so fast, I feel the need to point out the small collapse in your married wing. probably won't matter much to the fish, but in terms of building skills, its something to watch for.

maybe try mounting the wings more upright instead of tented so much in the spey fashion...?? not that there's anything wrong with tented spey wings, but if you want to show off the married wings, a more upright wing looks great!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for honest feedback MZilliox. Yes, the fibers didn't behave well ;-) I have wrestled with upright wings, and have still to learn how to make a fine curve without the fibers collapsing. That's one of the focus points for 2015. The tented wings are difficult, but looks so great that I need to make a try and then another until I get the result I hope for ... still long way to go with that I guess ;-)

Anyway - thanks again for honest critique ;-)

Cheers!
Søren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts