Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,027 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good job

Peter, that was a great event. The presentations by yourself, Jack, Rick and Neil were very impressive.The 'toys" were outstanding and I learned a great deal.

Thanks,
Paul M

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Kudos

Yes, great event Peter!

I must say the Scando style opened my eyes to some new fishing techniques. It's so versatile. Great to have Jack there to answer my newbie questions.

...maybe I've been drinking too much Skagit cool-aid...:chuckle:

Thanks again,
Preston

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Like to thank all those who helped make the bean Park Spey Clave a success, including Jack Cook of the Irish Angler who journeyed out Carnation, Washington with an armload of Guideline and Scierra rods for us to play with, Rick Whorwood and Neil Houlding for their casting demos, Bob Mackenzie for supplying the Sage rods, Grindstone Angling for supplying CNDs, and With A Fly shop for sending out a Grey and a Hardy rod to complete the set. Also like to thank the other stores who helped in the promotion of the event.

We had a very good turnout despite the grim weather forecast that no doubt encouraged some to stay home. Everyone hung in there despite the thunder, lightning, and the downpour, which threatened to turn the park into a lake. We haven’t had any appreciable rain for weeks, so the weatherman decides to make up for it on clave day! Neil’s big blue tarp saved some from a complete soaking and allowed the demos to proceed.

I’ll be putting up some photos over the next day or so and if you have any you wish to submit, please email them to me at pcharles at mountaincable.net.

Speaking of rain, somebody left a Simms XL rain shell behind so contact me if it’s yours and I’ll get it to you.

·
Speyladdie
429 Posts
Bean Park Spey Clave

Another good day on the river with local Spey casters/fishers.
Thanks to all who showed up despite the wicked weather.
Thanks to Peter SC for arranging the clave and bringing Jack up from the US.
From my short conversations with the locals I think every one had a good time despite the rain.
I have posted the few pics I took at the Flickr site if any one wants to see them,http://flickr.com/gp/example
Copy and paste the link to see the pics if the direct link doesnt work.
I you see a pic you would like e-mail me at,[email protected] and I will be happy to send you the pic/pics.
One day is hard to take everything in that we see so if any one has any questions or I can help you choose your next new rod or outfit please feel free to contact me and ask.Thats what we're here for.
Steelhead season is coming.Sharpen those hooks up and think about de-barbing if you already havent.
Best Speyladdie.:smokin:

·
Hooked4life
2,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Great pictures Neil, thanks for taking them. I'll want a few to put up on the website gallery that I'll build after getting back from the Gaspé.

I'll try emailing you tonight with the image names.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts