Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for steelheadfishing in BC during October or perhaps November? I am thinking about driving up that way for two to three weeks and doing some fishing.
Can't afford to go with a guide every day do need to know about roadside fishing. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The Skeena system has alot of choices but many are difficult to access.If it were me I would be on 1 of 3 rivers.The Kispiox,the Bulkley,or the Thompson.All have easy road access and huge fish.Normally I would add the Copper to that list but the road to the upper river is out from a landslide.The weather can influence the water levels on the Kispiox and Bulkley which could make fishing hit and miss at that time though.The Thompson will remain good but it is a BIG river and fishing can be difficult at times.

·
Registered
96 Posts
In as much as the test fishery is the 3rd largest, F.O.C. is using a new method to account for the fish this year and when all is said and done it may not be the 3rd largest. There use to be 2 boats fishing, now there is only one and they have changed the net type used. The guys working in the field for both F.O.C. and W.L.A.P. will tell you that these numbers have a lot of room for error. It is still a good year on the Skeena , just maybe not 3rd best.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts