Spey Pages banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Lip Ripper
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am upgrading my Bauers so these two are up for sale. Both are in very good used shape. There are minimal nicks on the rim and body. Drags are smooth as butter. The CFX has a Rio 7wt Steelhead/Salmon line. The Rogue has a Rio 6wt Steelhead/Salmon line. Both lines are one year old and have @ 50 days of actual fishing on them. They have some life left but are used.

Asking $275 each.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Yeti
Is the bauer rogue 4 you have up for sale of compatible size for an 8 weight Salmon/ Steelhead and sufficient backing for steelhead
. I noticed you have 6 and 7 weight lines on you bauer 4s. If so let my know if it is still available.
Thanks

·
Lip Ripper
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Yeti
Is the bauer rogue 4 you have up for sale of compatible size for an 8 weight Salmon/ Steelhead and sufficient backing for steelhead
. I noticed you have 6 and 7 weight lines on you bauer 4s. If so let my know if it is still available.
Thanks
The reel would certainly handle it but I personally think it is kind of small for an 8 wt. I use the 4's for 6 & 7 wts and 5's for 7 & 8 wts. But then I like larger diameter spools for faster retrieve. The 4 is rated for a 7 with 175 yds of 20lb. If you run gelspun 30 my guess is you will be right around there with an 8wt single hand floater.

Hope that helps.

Right now I have retasked this reel to my 5wt spey rod. I have taken the 6wt line off it. I can supply a 6wt line if needed or leave it set up for spey with running line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts