Spey Pages banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to decide between these two reels. The Bauer is cheaper than the evotech but if the evotech is a way better reel than I would spend the extra money. Has anyone tried both of these reels who could give me some input????
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok what if you were to compare the old M6 and the evotech LW? Would you say the extra money for the evotech would be worth it?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Steelhead junkie,
I am a big fan of the 8/12 evotech LW and feel it to be a much better(and nicer looking) reel than the Bauer. In fact I don't believe there is a nicer reel out there at any price when all factors are considered. (fresh and saltwater use/lack of maintanance/price/ looks/weight/durability/spool price etc.)I know this last statement will probably open up a whole new topic of debate but this is just my opinion.I might know where there is a very gently used one for sale as I have a friend who is moving to the interior and might want to part with his. PM if you want me to check with him,
Brian

·
Registered
328 Posts
The old Bauer M6 reel is great, but it has one problem, once a yer you must take the reel apart and tack som oil (?) and work it out on the break.

The Loop Evotec LW reels you dont have that problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Go for the Loop

It needs little or no maintanence, it is easier to change the spool and by far (i think) the better of the two- though a little more expensive perhaps it is worth its price as it is the smoothest run you will ever have!! (that is to say if and when you're fish decides he's gettin the hell outta there!) Evotech for definate my friend.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Loop it!

I have both, and the Loop dominates! The Bauer not being sealed allows for sand and other junk to get in and screw up disc drag performance. Go loop! I'm going to buy another for my upcoming Steely trip to B.C.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts