Spey Pages banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barbour - Lightweight Wading Jacket. Medium. Excellent Condition.

Classic (well at least now they are) Barbour waterproof and breathable wading jacket that is highly functional with just enough features to comfortably carry what you need on the water. Very importantly - NO WAXING. As much I love my original Barbour Spey, I had to face it... the repeated waxing upkeep started preventing me from wearing it too often. Of course there is a whole lot of "mojo" in the original Spey but it certainly comes with a bit of maintenance.

While this lightweight jacket works very well for warmer weather (the breathability is night and day compared to the original Spey), I assure you with the right layering, it can handle some seriously cold steelhead weather as it did for me during a trip to the Great Lakes tribs in December. It has a wonderfully designed adjustable brim hood system that is not only detachable but also hidable. In fact when hidden, everything comes together to result in a very nice soft collar. In addition to the pockets, this ideal shorter length jacket is built with an interior adjustable protective "skirt". I don't recall when was the last time I've seen this feature in a wading jacket. The sleeves also come with an interior snap system to deter excessive water from entering (you'll still get a little wet).

I wore the jacket about 6 times total but it got a little too big for me as I lost some weight. For frame of reference, I am 6' and 170lbs. After the last use, the jacket was washed and stored for numerous years. But like any garment that has been stored for some time, I recommend to wash it before use.

One final thought... there is still something just a little iconic about wearing a Barbour wading jacket out on the water. :smile2:

Price: $US 215. Free Shipping in the CONUS. Other regions on a case by case basis.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts