Spey Pages banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
VIRTUTIS.GLORIA.MERCES
All things Cane and old clicker reels ......
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The latest off of the bench and heading south to Utah in the morning ......... is a Winter Run 11' 9" for a 6 weight Cane Two Hander Spey Rod designed with my Parabolic Taper. This dark roasted, espresso flammed rod favours a Scandi around 400 grains, a Skagit around 400-450 grains based on what tips are being used or a mid belly around 475 grains based on casting preferences. I fish and love the Bridge Tributary 5/6 @ 475 grains on my personal rod. This rod is wrapped in vintage Belding Corticelli silk in a chocolate brown tipped black. The Maple reel seat, which was custom turned to accept this anglers vintage 3 7/8" Hardy Perfect was turned in my shop. The black nickel hardware comes from Lemke Concepts and the guides are REC Perfection snake guides. The gorgeous banded coffee agate stripping guides in black nickel that tie this whole build together, come from the shop of Joe Arguello. The flor cork comes from Portugal. Dan ....... I hope this rod brings you hours and hours of enjoyment on The Salmon River and other PNW rivers and I hope to share a run or two with you in the future. I can't wait to see all of the pics .......... enjoy

#customcanerodsbydavidlreid #youonlyliveoncefishcane #itsallaboutthetaper #thesearentyourgrandfatherscanerods #fishcane #swingyourfly #fishbamboo #handmadeactuallymeansmadebyhand #loudreelssavelives
DavidLReidbamboo.com
Musical instrument Wood Wind instrument Writing implement Flute
Musical instrument Wood Wind instrument Cylinder Writing implement
Vision care Eyewear Gas Musical instrument Jewellery
Musical instrument Tool Trigger Revolver Wood
Saving Wood Money handling Coin Nickel

1 - 1 of 1 Posts