Spey Pages banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a few quick photos of a rod that was recently finished for a forum member here. The rod is a 9ft 7wt with a detachable lower handle. The lower handle allows the rod to be used as a micro-trout spey, using Scandi or Skagit style lines. The rod is hollowbuilt, and while it is designed to be an all-around big water trout rod, it will be used to fish a lot of large soft hackles and wet flies.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like it! Should swing beautifully.

I have a 9' 5 (casts a 4 weight quite well) weight Montague that I stripped down. The ferrules are tight but it has a pretty bad set in it. I wanted to build it up as a micro-spey.

I ordered cork for it a couple months ago and still haven't received it.. :confused:

Nick

·
Registered
342 Posts
You can count on it. Robert delivered the rod to me this afternoon and the photos don't do it justice. We will be fishing the Madison for runners together this fall and the rod will get a workout.

·
Dom
3,115 Posts
Oh this is gorgeous!

It would be an awesome rod for night mousing in Michigan. Love the little sock.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I took this rod to the river yesterday afternoon. Set it up with a 275gr. OPST Commando, 8 feet of T-8, and 20 lb. Ammnesia. It's a powerful rod. Being 9 ft. The timing is a little tricky. Easily made 60-80 foot casts with little effort. As a bonus caught a mess of small black bass.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts