Spey Pages banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just checking out the pages, holy wow! Very nice tying from all, i thought i would just post a few this time as it is quickly coming to an end for a bit (work and rivers slowly opening up).

Was digging through my storage and came across The Phantom comic book well...

Another size 3 Black Dog variation (BH hook so more like a 1.5 lol)

Got a pair of Balmoral Dee flies to swim, never really had much luck with anything in green but we will see.

Then just tried a Stormy Morn i saw on the web, variation...Can't help but think a pair of kingfisher veilings on the rear body there would kick it off.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot this pair of Dee Flies (or dee types). Been messing around with eagle hackle sub, which varies in plumes from a more fine heron type to a more marabou fluffy hackle, seems to be resistant to the old matting from marabou and retains more mobility than heron, some plumes combine a mixture of the both styles. I rarely fish a heavily hackled fly yet i feel spring runoff is coming and i might need a few shallow running 'edge flies'.

Anyway all fishing stuff!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
WOW Simply WOW so stunningly beautiful!!!!!!!!! Amazing tying!!!

·
The Dude abides
2,079 Posts
you are tying great flies. I love that Phantom fly, really cool with the vulturine on the shoulder. vulturine is one of my favorite materials

·
fly fisher 'til it's over
1,165 Posts
I can't stop going back to admire that phantom! What a splendid piece of work! I can't add anything that hasn't already been said!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all! Certainly stuck in Spey and Dee type land... because they work! I love the perfection of motion, every part of the fly fulfilling maximum movement.

And go away winter d8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts