Spey Pages banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just patiently waiting for this all to blow over. In the mean time getting ready with some B&W Troutspeys.

All created with specific rivers in mind. Cedar, Yakima, Deschutes, Skagit and maybe Upper Columbia trout beware! ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Did get a chance to dial in some lines for that 12'6" 4/5wt. It really liked the WA35 330gr at 30ft w/floating tip and 15ft of leader. So much so I think for me this will be the line of choice for it.

Other lines were the Coastal F1 325gr with 10ft of S4 and S6. A touch clunky so I think the 330gr would probably work better. Wanted to try some Zones on it as well but forgot to bring them! However I'm sure Zones in the 300-375gr range would also work.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Storybook,

After hearing about the 12'6" rod, and how well it liked the WA35 - 330, I told Gene that I was going to be strong, hold my cash, and wait till the smoke clears. That literally lasted about 90 minutes....not bad. I'm even stronger than my wife gives me credit for being.

Now to finish choosing colors. Gene sent me more pictures of yours and that thing is gorgeous!
Let me know what you come up with? If you need help I'll have my girls give you some ideas. They've color coordinated my last dozen or so. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts