Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a long belly and mid belly caster for many years..I fish mostly with B/W spey rods..Maybe its time to try something new..Has anyone tryed out the new b/w shooting head rod.. Im interested in the 37 gram rod...THANX

·
Registered
11,027 Posts
Good question, but here's where I'd go with the 'question.'

B and W has a very small 'presence' in North America, few fly shops carry their rods. Now these folks are another story: http://www.flyfishing.co.uk/forums.php

Bye the bye, a very-very good UK based fishing board; info is directly transferable to our fishing here. For Steelhead, I just 'up-sized' the flys .. Woop-Woop!!

fae

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Gene Oswald at bruceandwalkerusa.com will have all the info you need...

I personally have owned/fished a few of their rods and now nothing else compares....I love my 15' powerlite but love and fish the smaller 12'4 and B&W switch rod a LOT...the 12'4 with a 45 nextcast is amazing as it is with shorter skagit/ scandi lines....thing is an amazing rod and I have a hard time NOT fishing it....when summer rolls around the switch rod comes out ( or spring when the fry hatch and the bulls are feeding)

(( pic's are of the 12'4 with the olson and switch with the H st. john))

Attachments

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have found forum member Gene Oswald of B&W to be the best rep I have dealt with. Extremely helpful in every way, and very accommodating in providing all the information I could want. If you're interested in a B&W, I certainly think it worthwhile to contact him.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I have found forum member Gene Oswald of B&W to be the best rep I have dealt with. Extremely helpful in every way, and very accommodating in providing all the information I could want. If you're interested in a B&W, I certainly think it worthwhile to contact him.
Great guy and rep. for a great company!!! Both will go well and beyond to make sure you get what you want...no hype, fact!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts