Spey Pages banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
There was a review of the 14' Powerlite in the August 2003 issue of Fly Fishing & Fly Tying. Basically it said in the company of other 14' rods it felt a bit heavy, but felt powerful. Firm action, fast and tip inclined. With a #9 or #10 it felt well loaded. Light loaders can go to a #8 but doubtful on the 7wt.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I remember that review. Was it really the 7-10 wt? Regarding the blank weight of B&W:s, most reviewers says that B&W are "a bit heavy". I don´t really understand those remarks. Sure, a GLX or a GIV is lighter, but the B&W:s are well balanced and can easily lift ´any´ line. And more importantly, they don´t break... Also, how light do we really need our spey rods to be? Aren´t most of us strong and healthy men? ;) Compared to carbon rods only made ten years ago, the B&W:s are light. Some people´s frame of reference is a bit weird, I think.

From the review, it sounds as the 7-10 isn´t a true ´light liner´. If it´s happy with 9 and 10 wt lines, what lines do the B&W 14´ 9-10 like? 11 and 12 wts?

Btw, Lambchop, this damn raining ruins our plans for a trip to Lagan (or any other West coast river) :( Guess we´ll have to do it in August. Ätran is pretty quiet too though fishable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts