Spey Pages banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be in Vancouver in mid-September this fall and would like to take a few days to fish. We are thinking of the Skeena River system but are open to suggestions as to lodges, guides and rivers. We are also interested in what rivers run "iffy" at that time of the year. Our biggest restraint will be time - only 2 - 3 days on the water. Rod suggestions for that time of year are also solicited. I am assuming that we don't need rods that can throw big tips at time of the year? As my wife will be fishing we will be picking up one more rod.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have no reccomendation re. guides or lodges--I do it on the cheap with my camper when I go up there. However, I hope you are aware that the Skenna watershed is a long way from Vancouver. a full day or more drive each way.

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wanted to say thanks for PM's that I have received, they are appreciated. I received several comments that the rivers could be blown out, it goes with the sport.

Rod recommendations would be great. We are currently planning on taking the following rods: 13'4" 6/7 CND Solstice, 13' 8/9 Winston BIIx, 11' 7 Winston BIIx. I am really hoping that I don't have to add a 14'/15' 9/10 as I would never use the rod on the rivers that I fish in the GLs.

David Dornblaser

·
Relapsed Speyaholic
5,476 Posts
Once again, depending on the rivers you focus on, you might be a little undergunned. The 8/9 Winston would fit the bill on most fish you are likely to encounter but will be light on the odd fish. Of course this is the same thing on most Western rivers but on the Skeena tribs, there are a larger percentage of "odd" fish.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
David,

The Solstice 6/7 is my choice of rod for the Morice and upper Bulkley. As well, it would do a great job on the Copper. The Winston would be good most other places.

·
Banned
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kush said:
David,

The Solstice 6/7 is my choice of rod for the Morice and upper Bulkley. As well, it would do a great job on the Copper. The Winston would be good most other places.
Both will be going with. The CND is supplied by Mike at Red Shed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts