Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This on-again-off-again season dabbled with my attempts to catch the right crowd to get the most out of our yearly fundraising event. I cancelled the Steelhead Shuffle as soon as I heard of the (second) closure, and banked on a last minute rush on what looked like the last chance in a while to revel in what the Thompson River offers to the challenged angler. That is how Sat. the 15th was chosen for the Auction. However, two days before the event, the announcement was made that the closure was cancelled, so the "rush" wasn't necessary and didn't happen. I can't thank you guys enough who came just to support my last stab at meeting previous years' fabulous funds raised to keep one of B.C.'s few free camping facilities open and maintained for years to come. The numbers were there, but unfortunately the dinero wasn't, so with only 2 proxy bidders on Harry Lemire's "Gardener", I excercised the reserve bid of $300.00 and held the bidding by telephone between the two parties. This suited both of them just fine, and I'm proud to announce that it ended up with the incredible winning bid of $650.00!!! I'm not going to devulge the name because it was bought as a gift for some lucky husband out there. The other two cases of flies were bought by Rick Bridarolli for $130.00 and Steve Choate for $300.00 US. Whew!!! Ended up doing a fine job after all!! Thanx a ton from everyone and if I get a few minutes I'll give you a buzz on how the Thompson's doing.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Very cool Laurie!

It is nice to see that some people stepped up to make the auction a success. The "silent bidder" on the Gardener is a real champ - her husband is a lucky man and Steve and Rick are both class guys. Good job everyone!

Laurie, I saw the flies and they were gorgeous, e-mail me the photos of the flies and I'll post them for you.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Fly Auction Photos

Here is the Gardener - by Harry Lemire

Attachments

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
Set #1

Here is the first auctioned set - donated by Thompson regulars

Attachments