Spey Pages banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK maybe I missed something on the fly tying auctions , The bidding closes 6 hours after the session starts . Shouldn't the bidding close like tomarrow night so everyone that wins knows to show up and when ? Just a thought in my world .. Bruce:p

·
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
1,771 Posts
Please don't pay any attention to the dates / times! With everything on our plate we didn't have time to change the code to set actual finish time/dates, it works based on offset from the time/date the item was put up. We appreciate your comments and please keep them coming but also let's keep in mind we're just a group of flyfishermen trying to run a website and earn back our costs for putting this all on. As time goes on we will work out all the little details.

I propose the following:

#1 - We will record and stop the online bidding at the last possible time our volunteers can check the internet to see what the bids are on the day of the session. This will probably be about 8:30am of each day, at the hotel or whatever. We will clearly post the results at the booth so stop by in the morning.

#2 - We will then place these bids on the clipboard at the booth and bidding will continue until the session starts. The four highest bids at the time the session starts (scheduled times as posted) will take the four seats.

In any case, the essence of all this is that it's a creative way to get involved with our friends in the flyfishing scene, learn some awesome patterns, and help support this resource (site). We used to ask for donations, I've found this sort of thing to be much more fun.

Sorry, but we ain't no EBay... YET! ;) Just kidding, and thanks for your support.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts