Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you seen the new blanks from batsonenterprises.com
4 pc spey blanks from 67 dollars can build some cheap spey rods and trust me they must be med-fast because i built most of my rods on their blanks and they compare to scott sas rods only thing i am still wondering about is the warranty is there or is there not a warranty on these blanks

any ways good luck and tight lins
brownie1013 <'}}}}}>~~~~<

·
Pullin' Thread
4,694 Posts
Batson Enterprises (which is located on Washington's Olympic Peninsula) has always offered a warrantee on the blanks they sell. They don't roll them themselves, they have them made to their specs by someone else. I think they are being produced in Korea now since their former blank maker, who was located next door to them in Sequim, went out of business this fall. However, if you buy a discountinued blank of theirs from a different supplier (and there are quite a few of those out there right now at big discounts and low prices because of the former supplier going out of business), there is no warrantee. In other words, if a warrantee on the blank if important to you, make sure it is one of the current offerings of Bateson's and not one of the liquidated stock from the old blank maker.

·
loco alto!
3,053 Posts
I haven't cast one, but for my tastes, long length low modulus fly blanks (33 million) typically weigh too much and/or have excesive tip bounce. I love the stuff for 8'6" 5 wt trout rods and smaller.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

i have been looking at there site all day and finaly figured it out be for i left for school that the blanks in question have only a two year warranty. this make me want to look some were else for my blanks thanks for the advise though and good luck and tight lines brrownie1013 <'}}}}>~~~<

1 - 4 of 4 Posts