Spey Pages banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Tight line takes
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When attaching say, SlickShooter or similar running line to the back end of a Skagit Head,can I make a small overhand loop in the SS and just loop to loop it to the head? Sounds logical. Just wondering if this is the best way.

Thanks for any advice.

Mark

·
JD
3,641 Posts
loops/knots

Many people tie a double or triple surgion's knot when making a loop. You can also use a perfection loop. Either one will work. For that matter you could even do a bimini loop, if you wanted to go to the trouble. Overkill, for sure. But you could do it. I like to make my loops about six inches long. That way I can stuff the whole head through the loop, when it is still in a coil. Rather than feeding it through.

·
Tight line takes
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks JD

Yeah, I guess making the loop big enough to put a whole coiled head through makes a lot of sense. Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just tie the slick shooter on with a clinch knot. You will have to cut the knot and retie when you change heads but you will have fresh line in your over hang all the time.

Leroy................

·
Registered
293 Posts
Other threads

There is a lot of info on looping and splicing slik shooter lines on this board. (one titled "slik shooter splicing options" )
I think you will find that tying regular knots (chinch, perfection loop) results in low breaking strength and a bulky knot.
It's great stuff to fish with, just takes a little effort to splice.

jp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts