Spey Pages banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would post up a pictures of some classic atlantic salmon tubes, my dad picked these up in Scotland back in the early 1970s. They were from Farlows as you can see on the packaging they are very simple tubes but have been highly effective over the years. I use them in Iceland and in the clear rivers these flies are great. I have made some copies (the flies on the right) and have added a hole to turn them into hitch tubes. I have used these as well over the years and found them to work quite well, the tubes can be fished either hitched or regular with the line through the front of the tube. One of the flies shown has some leader material threaded through the hitch hole. Thought I would share with the atlantic salmon anglers I'm sure these would work in Canada as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
these are the style of flies we use in the uk , they are great for summer grilse .
Can I ask are you using single hooks with the tubes and if so what size and brand ?

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use small treble hooks, Loop double hooks (which are no longer made or at least I can't find anymore), and single hooks on these tubes. There are a number of single hooks that work with these tubes, hooks are all straight eye to fit in tube or junction tubing. I will have to find the name and brand, some are egg/ glo bug hooks while others are listed for tube flies.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts