Spey Pages banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of years ago I was asked by my local FFF club if I would do a presentation on Atlantic salmon as none of the members had ever fished for salmon.

Then last year on a flight to Tierra del Fuego, a seat mate and I were sharing stories and images. Turns out he was Peter Corbin who happens to be on the board of the American Museum of Fly Fishing. I had the presentation on my iPad and within a few images Peter enthusiastically said he needed the presentation for the Museum. Could I do a shorter video? I then set about re-writing the hour-long slideshow into a 24 minute video — and learned enough software to produce it.

The Museum has just added it to their website in the “Anglers in Action” section.*To access it, go to****amff.com* **The main image area at the top opens with an image and “Mission”. Images in that space slowly change. Either wait for the third image and click on it, or if you see the 6 small dots below the main image, click on the third one. Click on that. Read, then scroll down to the video. Full screen is best. Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Top notch - enjoyed every bit of it... but I must say that I am extremely envious!

Jim

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Great vid. but sad

Fantastic well done video .But rather poignant in that some scenes were on the Petite Cascapedia , a river that is essentially dead . The runs the past few years have been in the mid to LOWER 100s . Even during 2012 which was a good year, there were only 112 Salmon in the river !! The Petite needs to be studied , evaluated and looked at VERY closely and I do mean closely .

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update:
As the Museum's website is periodically updated, the video is still there in the "Anglers is Action" section, but it has moved. Go to amff.com and then Visit & Discover below and click on Anglers in Action.
Bill

·
Bob Rodgers
223 Posts
Very, very nice!
Well done!

One of my fishing clients in the Keys took me for Atlantics in Iceland.
It's was an experience I'll never forget.

Bob

1 - 15 of 15 Posts