Spey Pages banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was I the only one that saw this thread? Was there any truth behind it? Some of the names in there are kinda high profile members on other sites but seeing as it was from a 1 post user I assume nothing. It would be nice to see those names cleared. Cheers

Ps, not that trying to dig up a deleted thread but just wanna know for safety in the future.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Hi Ed,

I don't know what you're talking about, you could either reply here or via PM, I'm confused.

Ard

·
Banned
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a post in regard to an individual that put up a fly swap. This individual apparently received the flies and never mailed out. The thread was putting names to this person as well as user handles on this and other sites where the same has happened. He cites the facts of fraud and his embarrassment of being a Canadian as the user was from Alberta. By the time I wrote a response the thread was removed. I recognized some of the handles and dont see the user as this type of person, just want to know facts so I dont join a swap with this user in the future. Cheers

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ya I read the thread and it seemed a little strange to me. The date of the fly swap on this forum was from 2003 I think. It seems like a long time ago to be brining it up now.

·
Dedicated Fisherman
3,294 Posts
Ed,

I know that you are aware of the way we conduct swaps on the North American Fly Fishing Forum. The reason I set them up the way they are was several failed swaps. My best advice on swaps is to only participate in those conducted by good regular posters. Over the years we had problems with hosts as well as participants.

Sorry to hear there was a problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts